Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Published February 1, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Quinoa goes above and beyond when it comes to giving your body what it needs to stay healthy. As simple to prepare as rice, quinoa has a toasty, nutty flavor that tastes great alone or mixed with vegetables.
|Serving size:||1/2 bell pepper|
|Calories per serving:||197|
|Total Fat 12.3g||19%|
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa*
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 3 red bell peppers
Step by Step:
- Stir together quinoa and next 2 ingredients in a 21/2-quart saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, or until all water is absorbed. Uncover and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and next 4 ingredients.
- Cut peppers in half; scoop out seeds and membranes. Cook in boiling water 5 minutes; drain.
- Fill each pepper with about 3/4 cup quinoa. Place in a lightly greased 13-x 9-inch baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. *Thoroughly rinse quinoa if purchasing unrinsed.