Pomfret Green Gravy
Published February 8, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Cooking fish is always a delight. Each variety of fish presents with a unique flavor of its own and this is what makes fish stand out from the rest of the non-vegetarian menu. Pomfret is readily available all year round and is very popular amongst fish lovers. Adding green Masala enhances the flavor of this yummy fish.
|Serving size:||2 pieces each|
|Calories per serving:||235|
|Total Fat 14.2g||22%|
- 1 3/4 pounds Pomfret; cleaned and sliced in to pieces
- 1 large onion; chopped
- 3 Green chilies
- 1 bunch fresh Coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 inch piece of ginger; chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic; minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 medium tomato; chopped and made into a thick paste
- 4 cups of water
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 tablespoon of sunflower oil
Step by Step:
- Add the ginger, garlic, coriander leaves, mint leaves, salt and green chilies; grind them into a thick paste. Keep this paste aside.
- Take a shallow pan and heat oil in it. Add the mustard seeds and allow to crackle completely. Now add the onions and sauté well. When they turn golden brown in color, add the paste and stir well. Keep sautéing for another 5-6 minutes, until the oil begins to separate from the sides.
- Add the dry spices like turmeric powder and coriander powder and stir well for another 2 minutes on low flame. Now add the tomato paste and mix well. Allow to cook for 3 minutes until oil starts to separate.
- Now add the fish pieces and mix gently without smashing any of them. Add 4 cups of water and cook (covered with a lid) for 20 minutes on simmer. Add the juice of a lemon and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Naan or Rice.