Published February 8, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Though this recipe uses penne pasta, you can use any pasta you like, such as bow tie or spaghetti. Feel free to play around with the sauce to add or delete ingredients. This recipe is quite versatile and the pasta goes well with any combination of fresh vegetables.
|Serving size:||1 bowl|
|Calories per serving:||224|
|Total Fat 18.0g||28%|
- 4 ounces whole wheat penne pasta, boiled and drained per instructions on packet
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp crushed black pepper
Step by Step:
- To make the dressing, combine the extra virgin olive oil, peanut butter, minced garlic, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, and black pepper. Whisk till the dressing emulsifies.
- In a salad bowl, combine the pasta, bell pepper, carrot, and eggs. Chill in the refrigerator. Pour the dressing on the salad before serving.