Published March 15, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
"Arrabiata," the italian word for angry, refers to the spiciness in this dish. You can crank up the heat by adding more crushed red pepper, or add less to tone it down.
|Serving size:||approx. 2 cups|
|Calories per serving:||415|
|Total Fat 9.4g||14%|
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 24oz jar organic tomato sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 9 cups cooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
Step by Step:
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add onion and saute until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, salt and red pepper; bring to a boil.
- Combine hot cooked pasta and sauce in a large serving bowl and stir until well mixed. Stir in cheese and basil and serve immediately.