Pecan Chicken Pasta Salad
Published March 13, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Crunched for time? Stop by the salad bar at your local grocery store to pick up pre-chopped vegetables, then swing by the meat counter for a rotisserie chicken. These two steps will save you a lot of time when you get home.
|Serving size:||approx. 1 cup|
|Calories per serving:||331|
|Total Fat 10.6g||16%|
- 2 cups protein-enriched rigatoni pasta
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups smoked chicken, shredded or chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans toasted and chopped
Step by Step:
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In large bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, lemon juice, and salt. Add chicken, celery, bell pepper, and onion. Tossing to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle salad with sunflower seeds before serving. Note: For testing purposes only, we used Barilla Plus Rotini.