Peas Daliya Pulao
Published February 8, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Daliya is a great source of fiber and other essential nutrients. Daliya pulao recipe made with peas and tomatoes serves as a tasty breakfast treat. It is a wholesome meal which you can cook for lunch and dinner too. It is an easy and simple dish and tastes awesome. Enjoy it with fresh yogurt and tomato chutney.
|Serving size:||Approximately 4.5 oz. of cooked daliya|
|Calories per serving:||107|
|Total Fat 2.3g||4%|
- 1/2 cup daliya (broken wheat)
- 1 cup water
- 2 medium tomatoes (grated)
- 1 cup peas (shelled or frozen)
- 1 green chili (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5-6 black pepper corns
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 black cardamom
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves (finely chopped)
Step by Step:
- Roast daliya in a heavy non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for approximately 5-10 minutes or until the daliya is golden brown. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat olive oil in the skillet. Add black pepper corns, cinnamon and cardamom. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add grated tomatoes and green chili and fry for 5 minutes, stirring continuously. Add peas and fry for another 5-10 or until the peas are soft and tender.
- Add roasted daliya, water and salt. Cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with tomato chutney and mint and coriander chutney.