Published January 31, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Paneer bhurji is a delicious paneer recipe that is very easy to make. It is an excellent source of protein especially so if you are a vegetarian. It tastes best hot served with parathas or chapattis. The leftover bhurji forms a sumptuous sandwich filling which you can savor at breakfast or with your evening tea.
|Serving size:||approximately 1/2 cup|
|Calories per serving:||81|
|Total Fat 2.0g||3%|
- 1/2 pound fresh paneer cheese, grated
- 2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, grated
- 4-5 green chilies, sliced lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves, finely chopped
Step by Step:
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet. Fry onion, till translucent, and then add sliced green chilies, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add grated tomatoes, salt and turmeric powder and cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Add grated paneer and mix well. Cover the pan with a lid for 2-3 minutes or longer if there is water left.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder and garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve hot.