Oven-Fried Fish and Chips
Published January 31, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
For a truly authentic touch, serve it with plenty of malt vinegar for dipping!
|Serving size:||3 to 4 fish strips and 1 cup of chips|
|Calories per serving:||361|
|Total Fat 6.3g||10%|
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (5- to 6-ounce) tilapia or catfish fillets
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- Vegetable cooking spray
Step by Step:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place a wire rack inside a baking sheet and place in oven to heat. Place a second baking sheet, without a wire rack, on bottom shelf of oven.
- Peel potatoes and slice into 1/4-inch thick slices and toss with olive oil. Remove baking sheet without the wire rack, lightly spray with vegetable cooking spray. Place potatoes on sheet in an even layer. Bake 15 minutes, turning potatoes every 5 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Meanwhile, slice each fish fillet into 1-inch wide strips. Combine breadcrumbs, pepper and lemon zest in a shallow dish. Season fish with salt; place in large bowl with egg substitute and gently toss to coat. Dredge fish, one piece at a time, in breadcrumbs. Remove baking sheet with wire rack and lightly spray with cooking spray. Place fish strips on rack and spray evenly with cooking spray.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until fish is golden brown and fully cooked. Serve immediately with chips. For a truly authentic touch, serve it with plenty of malt vinegar for dipping!