Published March 8, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Barbecued tilapia is a quick and easy recipe for any time of the year. If shrimp is more to your liking, substitute 3 pounds of peeled and deveined large or extra-large shrimp for the fish, baking just until shrimp are cooked through.
|Serving size:||1 fillet|
|Calories per serving:||263|
|Total Fat 7.6g||12%|
- 1 cup reduced-sodium ketchup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 (4 to 5 oz.) tilapia fillets
Step by Step:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together ketchup and next 7 ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place fish in a lightly greased shallow baking or broiler pan. Pour ketchup mixture over fish.
- Bake 12 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with the tip of a knife.