Published January 31, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
The trick to great meatloaf is to never over-mix it before baking. One of the best ways to do this is to set the mixing spoon aside and use your hands to combine everything.
|Serving size:||1 slice|
|Calories per serving:||325|
|Total Fat 11.2g||17%|
- 1/2 cup low-sodium ketchup, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking, rolled oats
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup pickle relish
Step by Step:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9-inch x 5-inch loaf tin with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine 1/2 cup ketchup and next five ingredients. Mix to combine. Add the ground meats and blend to combine. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Using a baster, remove any fat. Stir together remaining ketchup and relish and spread over top of loaf. Continue baking 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in center of loaf registers 160°F. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.