New England Beef Stir Fry
Published March 15, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
A staple in New England, cranberries have been incorporated into main dishes ever since the pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock. They're rich in antioxidants and pair beautifully with beef and other meats.
|Serving size:||approx. 4 ounces scallops, 1/2 cup sauce|
|Calories per serving:||334|
|Total Fat 12.2g||19%|
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 pound lean beef top round steaks, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
Step by Step:
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add beef strips and sauté 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until almost cooked. Remove beef and set aside, keeping warm.
- Add onions to pan and cook 5 minutes or until onions are tender. Add remaining ingredients and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 minute. Add beef and any juices to sauce and toss to coat.