Published February 7, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Frittatas are amongst the most filling and healthy breakfasts that can surely make your Sunday morning special. Combine this with whole grain toast and coffee for a lazy weekend meal. You can add any combination of vegetables to make a frittata more wholesome and nutritious. Leftover roasted vegetables or chicken is a great way of using up leftovers in this meal.
|Serving size:||1 slice|
|Calories per serving:||228|
|Total Fat 16.8g||26%|
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated cheese (any kind, except mozzarella)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- A pinch of salt
Step by Step:
- Brush a non stick pan with a teaspoon of olive oil and lightly sauté all the vegetables till they turn slightly brown.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with milk, salt, and black pepper. Add the sautéed vegetables and fold in grated cheese. Grease a flat microwave safe dish and pour the frittata mixture in it.
- Microwave on HI for two minutes. Serve hot.