Low-Fat Tuna Broccoli Casserole
Published March 13, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
This updated version of the 1950s classic lacks much of the fat and calories without sacrificing the taste. Try your favorite flavor of low-fat cream soup or substitute rotisserie-cooked chicken for tuna.
|Serving size:||Approx. 1 1/2 cups|
|Calories per serving:||226|
|Total Fat 4.5g||7%|
- 1 1/2 large heads of broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 (9 oz.) cans albacore tuna packed in water, drained
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can reduced-sodium, low-fat cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cooking spray
Step by Step:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bring at least 1 gallon of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli and cook 4 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a medium-size saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together milk and next 3 ingredients. Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and whisk in soup and next 4 ingredients. Add broccoli and tuna and stir to combine. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle parmesan evenly over top.
- Bake 50 minutes or until mixture is heated throughout and cheese is golden brown. Cool 10 minutes before serving.