Published March 15, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Try serving these low-fat meatballs with freshly cooked spaghetti and homemade tomato sauce for a warm, filling dinner.
|Serving size:||about 2 meatballs|
|Calories per serving:||277|
|Total Fat 14.1g||22%|
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 pound 90% lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground white meat turkey
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
Step by Step:
- In a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray, cook onions over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, turkey and remaining ingredients and mix with hands until just combined. Shape mixture into golf ball size balls. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until fully cooked.