Lemon Breakfast Bread
Published January 30, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
This lightened-up lemon loaf gains some moisture with the addition of sour cream. Serve it with your favorite preserves for breakfast or enjoy plain as a snack.
|Serving size:||1 slice bread|
|Calories per serving:||191|
|Total Fat 6.8g||10%|
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
Step by Step:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and zest in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl with a handheld mixer, whisk together the sour cream, milk, lemon juice, canola oil, eggs, and sugar until well-blended. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, blending until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until the edges of the cake pull away from the pan and a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool before serving.