Kiwi and Strawberry Parfait
Published February 8, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Kiwis are a rich source of Vitamin C while strawberries are famous for their antioxidant rich properties. This parfait contains a crunch of oats and honey sweetened yogurt, which makes it the perfect light dessert after a heavy meal.
|Serving size:||1 glass|
|Calories per serving:||129|
|Total Fat 2.9g||4%|
- 2 kiwis, mashes
- 8-10 strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup thick yogurt, with water completely drained out
- 2 tsp chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp corn flour
Step by Step:
- Mix the yogurt with honey and let it chill in the refrigerator. You can add a teaspoon of cinnamon powder to the yogurt for added flavour.
- Place the chopped strawberries in a large pan. Add 1/2 cup water and a teaspoon of powdered sugar. Reduce heat to medium low and allow the strawberries to soften. Add a teaspoon of corn flour so that the syrup thickens. Remove from heat and let it cool completely.
- Take a large fluted glass and add a teaspoon of mashed kiwi, layer it with the softened, syrupy strawberries, add a layer of the chilled yogurt and repeat till the glass is full. Top this with the chopped walnuts and serve cold.