Kadhai Paneer and Khumb
Published January 30, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
For those who are used to kadhai dishes, this is a great addition. It is also perfect for vegetarians as both the cheese and mushrooms in the dish are full of good nutrients. This is a perfect when served with either rice or naan.
|Serving size:||Approximately 2/3 cup|
|Calories per serving:||120|
|Total Fat 7.0g||11%|
- 1/2 pound fresh paneer cheese, cubed
- 1/3 pound fresh oyster mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 large or 3 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1-inch piece ginger
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves, for garnishing
Step by Step:
- Grind the piece of ginger, cloves of garlic and the green chilies to a fine paste.
- Heat olive oil in a round bottomed pan and add the finely chopped onions. Fry the onions in the oil for about a minute until they become translucent.
- Add the ginger, garlic and green chili paste and fry for another minute and add the tomatoes and fry until the oil separates.
- Put salt, red chili power, cilantro powder and turmeric powder, stir and add the mushrooms. To this mixture, add 1/4 cup water.
- Simmer and cook till mushrooms are tender. Then add the paneer and red pepper.
- Cook for another five minutes and take off the flame.
- Sprinkle with garam masala and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve in the kadhai itself with rotis.