Italian Veal Chops
Published March 15, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Veal chops cook quickly, making them great for entertaining. If you can't find 1/2-inch-thick chops, ask your butcher for 1-inch thick and increase cooking time by about 4 minutes.
Cooking tip: Veal chops cook quickly, making them great for entertaining. If you can't find 1/2-inch-thick chops, ask your butcher for 1-inch thick and increase cooking time by about 4 minutes.
|Serving size:||1 chop and approx. 1/2 cup sauce|
|Calories per serving:||234|
|Total Fat 5.9g||9%|
- 4 (1/2-inch thick) veal loin chops, about 1/4 pound each
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chopped unseeded plum tomatoes, about 6
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
Step by Step:
- Season veal with pepper and let rest 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat a large skillet, sprayed with cooking spray, over medium-high heat. Add veal and cook 1 minute per side or until golden brown. Remove and set aside, keeping warm.
- Add peppers to skillet and cook 3 minutes, or until tender. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add wine and cook until reduced by half. Stir in remaining ingredients, except veal, and bring to a simmer. Add veal and cook 8 minutes or until it is just cooked through.