Instant Beetroot Risotto
Published March 13, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
This quick and easy risotto recipe has the decadence of a normal risotto, but is made in less than half the time. The tangy feta cheese cuts right through the earthy beetroot, delivering a complex risotto.
|Serving size:||approx. 1 cup|
|Calories per serving:||488|
|Total Fat 7.9g||12%|
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 pound cooked beetroot (tinned or fresh), diced
- 1 pound instant rice
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
Step by Step:
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat and fry the onion for 3 to 5 minutes or until translucent. Add the garlic and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch with some of the chicken stock then add it to the pan with the rest of the stock, wine, rice, and beetroot. Boil for 4 minutes then remove from the heat and leave covered for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the feta and serve with cracked black pepper.