Indian Curried Vegetables
Published January 30, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
When using store-bought curry pastes always start with a smaller amount than called for to determine just how spicy it is. In this recipe, sweet mango chutney is stirred in at the end helping to tame some of the heat as well.
|Serving size:||approximately 1 2/3 cups|
|Calories per serving:||194|
|Total Fat 3.5g||5%|
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry paste
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 medium-sized carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 pound broccoli florets
- 1/2 pound cauliflower florets
- 5-6 Tablespoons mango chutney
- Cooked Basmati rice
Step by Step:
- Spray a large, heavy-bottom casserole dish with cooking oil and place over a medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook for 4 minutes or until onions have softened.
- Add the garlic and curry paste; cook for 30 seconds.
- Add sweet potatoes, carrots and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover with casserole lid.
- Continue to cook until the vegetables are tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli, cauliflower, and chutney and cook covered for a further 10 minutes or until everything is tender.
- Serve with Basmati rice.