Honey-Mustard Glazed Meatloaf
Published March 11, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
A standard of American cuisine, meatloaf gets a bad rap because of its high fat content. By replacing some of the high-fat ground beef with low-fat turkey, you eliminate much of the fat without sacrificing the flavor.
|Serving size:||1 slice|
|Calories per serving:||269|
|Total Fat 9.5g||15%|
- 1 1/2 lb. ground turkey breast
- 1/2 lb. 90% lean ground beef
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
Step by Step:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together first 9 ingredients and place in a lightly greased 9x5 inch loaf pan. Bake 1 hour.
- Stir together mustard and honey and pour over top. Bake 15 minutes longer or until fully cooked. Let stand at least 10 minutes before slicing.