Grilled Tuna with Farro Salad
Published March 13, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Rich in omega-3s, tuna is a great addition to any diet. Give this grilled tuna a boost of flavor with a brief rest in an orange marinade--no longer than 30 minutes, or you'll overpower the tuna's delicate flavor.
|Serving size:||1 steak|
|Calories per serving:||315|
|Total Fat 6.5g||10%|
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 (5 oz.) Yellowfin tuna steaks
- 2 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 1 1/3 cups chopped tomato
- 2/3 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, chopped and pitted
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Step by Step:
- Combine first 6 tuna ingredients in a glass baking dish. Add tuna and turn to coat with marinade. Chill no more than 30 minutes.
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add farro and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook covered, 30 minutes or until farro is tender. Turn off the heat and let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl. Drain farro before adding to bowl and gently toss to coat.
- Prepare indoor or stovetop grill for medium-high heat. Remove tuna from marinade, discarding marinade, and pat dry. Rub tuna steaks with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and grill each side 2 minutes for medium-rare. Serve tuna over the barley salad.