Grilled Potato Cheese Sandwich
Published January 30, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Potato sandwiches are every vegetarian's favorite and is a very popular Indian sandwich recipe. Addition of mozzarella cheese gives a unique flavor to this recipe. This sandwich is great for breakfast, kid's lunchboxes and evening snacks. They taste great and are very easy to prepare.
|Serving size:||1 sandwich|
|Calories per serving:||200|
|Total Fat 3.0g||5%|
- 2 medium potatoes
- 4 slice whole wheat bread
- 1/2 tablespoon grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp dry mango powder (amchur)
Step by Step:
- Boil, peel and mash the potatoes. Add all the spices, green chili and chopped coriander to mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Take a slice of bread and put the potato mixture on top of it. Spread 1/2 of the grated cheese and cover with another bread slice. Prepare the other sandwich in a similar manner.
- Grill the sandwiches in pre-heated non-stick griller for 5-10 minutes or until both the sides of bread are crisp and brown.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.