Grilled Mushroom Sandwich
Published January 30, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Vegetarian sandwiches usually contain fillings of potato, cucumber or tomato. However, this recipe uses mushrooms to create a different yet delicious sandwich. The mozzarella cheese gives it a delectable flavor. You can also use oregano herb to add that extra zing. Eat it at breakfast or enjoy as an evening snack.
|Serving size:||1 sandwich|
|Calories per serving:||168|
|Total Fat 5.0g||8%|
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp grated mozzarella cheese
Step by Step:
- Wash the mushrooms, remove the stalks and chop them finely. Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Put chopped mushrooms and stir-fry for 5-10 minutes or until mushrooms are slightly tender. Season with black pepper and mix thoroughly. Mix lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves. Set aside and cool.
- Put cooked mushrooms on a slice of bread, spread grated cheese on top and cover with another slice of bread. Grill the sandwich in a pre-heated griller for 5-10 minutes or until both sides turn brown.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.