Grilled Greek Chicken Salad
Published March 13, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Lightly pound the chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap to flatten them. This will help the chicken cook evenly and make sure the marinade seasons the entire breast.
|Serving size:||1 chicken breast and 11/2 cups of salad|
|Calories per serving:||204|
|Total Fat 6.7g||10%|
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 (4 to 5 oz..) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, flattened slightly
- 8 cups romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Feta cheese, crumbled
Step by Step:
- In a shallow baking dish, whisk together first 6 ingredients. Remove half of the marinade and set aside. Add the chicken to remaining marinade and turn to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill for medium-high direct heat. Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Spray with vegetable cooking spray and place on grill. Cook, 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes.
- Toss lettuce and remaining ingredients with reserved marinade and top with sliced chicken. Serve immediately.