Grilled Chipotle Pork Tenderloin with Fresh Corn Salsa
Published January 30, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Get a fantastic and delicious mix of spice and fresh vegetables with this dish featuring chipotle and adobo sauce.
|Serving size:||3 oz. pork and 1/3 cup salsa|
|Calories per serving:||503|
|Total Fat 24.2g||37%|
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (seeded, if desired), minced
- 1 Tbsp. adobo sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. lime zest
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 (1 lb.) pork tenderloins
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
Step by Step:
- Whisk together first 7 ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Transfer to a large zip-top bag. Add pork and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium heat (300° to 350°).
- Remove pork from marinade and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels and sprinkle evenly with salt. Cook pork, covered with grill lid, over medium heat, 6 minutes per side, or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Grill corn and red onion 5 minutes per side, or until lightly charred. Let cool slightly and cut corn from cob. Chop onion slices and stir into corn. Stir in avocado and next 3 ingredients. Serve with pork.