Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Published February 8, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Grilled Cheese Sandwich is an all time favorite. It is very simple and easy to prepare and can be eaten either in breakfast or as a snack. It is a wholesome meal, therefore, can be easily packed for lunch too. The aroma of the melting cheese is irresistible. It tastes best when served hot.
|Serving size:||1 sandwich (1 bread slice)|
|Calories per serving:||101|
|Total Fat 3.0g||5%|
- 4 slices whole wheat or multi grain bread
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon grated cheese
- 1 green chili (finely chopped)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 medium tomato (finely chopped)
Step by Step:
- Mix together chopped onion, tomatoes, green chili, grated cheese, salt and pepper.
- Place half of this mixture in between two slices. Brush the outer side of the both the bread slices with butter and grill either in a griller or on a non-stick skillet over low-high heat until the bread becomes golden brown and the cheese melts.
- Make second sandwich in the similar manner.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.