Grilled Calypso Pineapple
Published March 15, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Pineapple is a great dessert on its own, but grilling turns it into a special summertime treat. Serve it with fat-free frozen yogurt for extra goodness.
|Calories per serving:||99|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 8 fresh pineapple slices, 1/2 inch thick each
Step by Step:
- Prepare charcoal or gas grill for medium-high direct heat.
- Stir together sugar and rum and brush onto pineapple slices.
- Spray grill grate with vegetable cooking spray and place slices.
- Cover with grill lid, 5 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Brush occasionally with any remaining rum and sugar mixture.