Green Pea Soup
Published February 8, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Fresh pea soup is rich and satisfying--so why limit it to just the summertime, when peas are in season? This recipe works equally well with fresh or frozen peas.
|Serving size:||approximately 1 1/3 cups|
|Calories per serving:||88|
|Total Fat 4.4g||7%|
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 (12 oz.) bags frozen peas
- 1/3 cup fat-free half-and-half, heated
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
Step by Step:
- Using a large Dutch oven or soup pot, sauté onions in oil over medium-high heat until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add broth and bring to a simmer. Add peas and bring back to a simmer. Cook 5 minutes.
- Using a food processor or an immersion blender, puree soup until smooth. Stir in half-and-half and dill and bring back to a simmer. Serve hot.