Green Beans Almandine
Published January 30, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
This side makes a great bring-along to a Turkey Day feast or for a cool autumn dinner at home. After the beans are cooked in the water and drained, they can be placed in an airtight container and refrigerated up to 24 hours.
|Serving size:||approx. 1 cup|
|Calories per serving:||105|
|Total Fat 6.3g||10%|
- 2 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Step by Step:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water; pat dry and set aside.
- Place almonds in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Return pan to heat and add butter and oil. Add the shallots and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high and add beans. Cook, tossing constantly, until heated through and beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Season with pepper and stir in the reserved almonds. Serve immediately.