Gluten-Free Strawberry Crepes
Published December 20, 2012 | Written by James Schend
Many people think crepes are difficult to make and only for special occasions. To the contrary, they’re easy to prepare and a great way to make any meal special. Try filling these crepes with sliced strawberries or bananas. Alternately, you can make them for dinner and fill them with a stew or leftover chicken.
Cooking tip: Arthritis-fighting food: strawberries (vitamin C) *Note: For testing purposes only, we used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour.
|Serving size:||2 crepes|
|Calories per serving:||221|
|Total Fat 9.7g||15%|
- 6 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar or honey
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons lite olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon of salt
- ¾ cup gluten-free flour baking mix*
Step by Step:
- Combine strawberries and sugar and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In medium-size bowl, whisk together first six ingredients until well-combined. Add gluten-free flour mix and whisk to combine.
- Heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet or crepe pan over medium heat. Add about ¼ cup of batter and swirl to coat pan. Cook until it just starts to brown, about 45 seconds. Flip and cook 10 seconds and transfer to a serving plate.
- Spoon ½ cup of strawberries on half of the crepe and fold to form a semicircle. Drizzle juice from strawberries over the crepe and serve.