Published February 25, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Glazing carrots is a lot simpler than most people realize. The only trick is to make sure the carrots aren't over-cooked and mushy or they'll fall apart when glazing.
|Serving size:||approx. 2/3 cup|
|Calories per serving:||138|
|Total Fat 1.6g||2%|
- 8 large carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
Step by Step:
- Bring a large saucepan 3/4 full of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add carrots and cook until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain.
- Add butter, mustard, and brown sugar to the warm pan and place over medium heat. Stir until melted. Add carrots and season with pepper. Stir gently, being careful not to break up carrots. Add parsley and serve.