Ginger Green Tea Granita
Published May 1, 2014 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
An excellent recipe for a delicious tea. It contains fresh ginger, lemon juice, green tea leaves, and fresh sugar.
Cooking tip: If you don't have a food processor or just like a more coarse texture, scrape the surface of the frozen granita with a sturdy fork or spoon after it has rested at room temperature for 30 minutes.
|Serving size:||Approx. 1 cup|
|Calories per serving:||137|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
- 8 cups water
- 1 (3-inch) piece fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons green tea leaves
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
Step by Step:
- Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool 5 minutes.
- Add tea to ginger mixture and steep for 3 minutes. Add sugar and stir 2 minutes or until dissolved. Strain mixture into a 13- x 9-inch glass baking dish and allow mixture to cool to room temperature before placing in freezer for at least 8 hours.
- 30 minutes prior to serving, remove dish from freezer and let stand at room temperature. Roughly chop granita into large pieces. Process 1/4 of the granita in a food processor just until smooth; place in serving bowl. Repeat with remaining granita chunks. Serve immediately or place in freezer until ready to serve.