Ginger-Apricot Chicken Breasts
Published March 14, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Spice--and sweeten!--up your chicken dinner tonight with this finger-lickin' recipe. Nab some apricot preserves from your local farmer's market for an authentically homemade meal.
|Serving size:||1 chicken breast and 2 tablespoons sauce|
|Calories per serving:||180|
|Total Fat 1.8g||3%|
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
Step by Step:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small saucepan set over medium heat, combine apricot preserves, vinegar, mustard, and ginger and cook until mixture just comes to a simmer. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spray a large oven-proof skillet with vegetable cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Pat chicken dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken and pour apricot mixture over chicken breasts and sprinkle with rosemary.
- Bake, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Note: For testing purposes only, we used Smucker's Simply Fruit Apricot.