Published February 8, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Broccolini, also known as baby broccoli, is a little sweeter than regular broccoli and is high in vitamins A and C.
|Serving size:||approx. 1 cup|
|Calories per serving:||46|
|Total Fat 2.6g||4%|
- 3 bunches broccolini, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
Step by Step:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add broccolini and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the broccolini to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain and pat dry.
- Warm the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until just lightly browned, about 1 minute. Remove garlic and set aside.
- Increase the heat to medium-high, adding broccolini in batches and cooking until tender, about 5 minutes. Return all the broccolini to the pan and top with garlic slices.