Fresh Pea Risotto Soup
Published February 22, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Small grain rice, like Arborio, is often used to make a rich and creamy dish called risotto. By using it in this soup, you'll give the soup a velvety smooth texture.
|Serving size:||approximately 1 1/3 cups|
|Calories per serving:||266|
|Total Fat 7.3g||11%|
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup small-grain rice, such as Arborio or carnaroli
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10 oz.) bag frozen peas
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Step by Step:
- In a large Dutch oven, sauté onion in hot oil over medium-high heat until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add rice and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Stir in wine and cook until wine completely evaporates.
- Add broth and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add peas and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and remove from heat. Serve topped with a sprinkling of cheese.