Fig and Prosciutto Crostini
Published January 29, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Fresh figs are available for a very brief time so when they are in season it's almost your duty to eat as many as you can. This is one of the tastiest and easiest ways. Perfect for an appetizer or serve them alongside a healthy salad.
|Serving size:||2 crostini|
|Calories per serving:||132|
|Total Fat 1.3g||2%|
- 8 large, fresh figs
- 8 1/2-thick baguette slices
- 16 arugula leaves
- 8 thin prosciutto slices
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Step by Step:
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Cut figs in half and remove the stem. Place the figs, cut side down, on grill and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until they start to brown. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, toast bread on grill, 30 to 60 seconds per side or until golden brown.
- To assemble, place 2 arugula leaves on each bread slice, top with prosciutto and a fig half. Sprinkle with pepper and serve.