Eggplant and okra fry
Published January 29, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
This is an everyday dish, bringing the goodness of both eggplant and okra together. This dish is spiced with crushed chili flakes, coriander powder and garam masala. Both eggplant and okra are fried in a bit of oil until crispy making it an excellent side dish to rice or rotis.
|Serving size:||Approximately 4 ounces of the final dish|
|Calories per serving:||95|
|Total Fat 7.0g||11%|
- 1/2 pound eggplant, cut into paper thin slices
- 1/2 pound okra, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
Step by Step:
- Heat the oil in a frying pan; add the onions and fry till caramelized.
- Add the eggplant and fry till brown and crispy.
- Add the okra and fry till crispy but has not lost its color.
- Add the chili flakes, all the spices and salt and mix well. Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot.