Eggless Chocolate Orange Brownies
Published February 15, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
These chocolate brownies are bursting with orange flavor and a ginger kick. A scoop of vanilla ice-cream will complete the dish perfectly.
|Serving size:||1 piece each|
|Calories per serving:||165|
|Total Fat 5.7g||9%|
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp orange peel
- 1 tsp ginger juice
Step by Step:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 8x8-inch tin.
- Sieve the flower, cocoa powder and baking powder into a large bowl and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips and add the milk, sugar, orange juice, ginger juice and orange peel. Once the ingredients are mixed well add the yogurt until it is the consistency of cake batter. Now add this mixture to the dry ingredients along with the nuts and water and mix well.
- Remember in an eggless recipe always lift the mixing spoon out of the batter and fold the mixture over to increase the amount of air trapped.
- Now pour the mixture into the tin and place it in the oven for 30 minutes. Keep an eye on it from 25 minutes onwards. To check the Brownie's progress pierce the centre with a toothpick, when the pick comes out clean, the Brownies are ready!
- Place the Brownies on a cooling rack ideally for 2 hours before serving.