Published February 25, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
This vegan spread is great to serve with baked wonton chips at a party, and also makes a delicious wrap filling.
|Serving size:||3 tablespoons|
|Calories per serving:||104|
|Total Fat 5.0g||8%|
- 10 oz. bag frozen edamame (soy beans), cooked in salted water according to package directions
- 1 small knob fresh ginger root, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons cooking water
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
Step by Step:
- Simmer the frozen edamame in salted water.
- Drain, saving 3 tablespoons cooking water.
- Puree everything together until smooth.