Dill and Asparagus Puree
Published February 7, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
This simple-to-prepare soup really shines when asparagus is at its peak growing season. If you're making it during the winter, try substituting half the asparagus with broccoli for a more robust flavor.
|Serving size:||approximately 1 1/2 cups|
|Calories per serving:||160|
|Total Fat 6.9g||11%|
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 pounds asparagus, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Step by Step:
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot sprayed with cooking spray, sauté onions over medium-high heat until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in wine and cook until wine evaporates. Add broth, asparagus, and dill and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until asparagus is tender.
- Carefully puree soup in a blender or food processor until smooth. Return to pan and heat over medium-low heat until hot. Serve soup in warm bowls drizzled with olive oil.