Delicious Anti-Oxidant Soup
Published February 25, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
This soup is simple to make and delivers a healthy serving of anti-oxidant vegetables. You can make it ahead of time and store in the refrigerator to enjoy as you like.
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Calories per serving:||97|
|Total Fat 0.5g||1%|
- 8 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 leeks, cut into chunks up to the dark green part
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
- 2 (10 oz.) packs spinach
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed off
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1-2 tablespoons mild curry powder (optional)
Step by Step:
- Toss the potato and leek chunks into the stock.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, then add in the rest of the vegetables and red pepper flakes.
- Bring back to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, until everything is soft but still nicely green.
- Puree with an emersion blender or transfer to a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Taste for seasoning, then add in curry powder to taste. Season generously, because when served cold, the flavors are muted.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 2 hours to cool, then store in the fridge.