Dark Chocolate Pudding Cake
Published March 15, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Pudding cakes are one of those desserts everyone should have as a standby in case company drops in. It's easy to stir together and is always a hit.
|Serving size:||approx. 2/3 cup|
|Calories per serving:||341|
|Total Fat 7.2g||11%|
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon bourbon or brandy
- 2 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
Step by Step:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together 2/3 cup sugar, flour and next three ingredients. Add milk, bourbon, and butter and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in pecans and pour into a lightly greased 8- x 8-inch baking dish.
- In a medium-size saucepan, stir together water and sugar and bring to a boil. Pour evenly over cake (do not stir).
- Bake 35 minutes and let stand 5 minutes. Spoon into individual serving dishes and serve with fresh berries. *Note: For testing purposes only, we used Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa.