Curried Parsnip Soup
Published March 14, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
The spiciness of the curry powder perfectly complements the sweetness of the parsnip in this warming, winter soup. Serve with cheese on toast for extra decadence.
|Serving size:||approx. 1 1/2 cups|
|Calories per serving:||201|
|Total Fat 7.8g||12%|
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 3 large parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
Step by Step:
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and fry for 3-5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the parsnip, apple and curry powder and fry for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the chicken stock and salt simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the parsnip is soft.
- Blend until smooth and serve with a tablespoon of yogurt and a pinch of cayenne on top.