Creamy Turkey Fettuccine
Published March 15, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Most creamy pasta sauces are made with butter, cream and cheese, packing the sauce with fat and calories. This version uses fat-free sour cream as a base and features lean turkey tenderloin. The result? A delicious entree at 325 calories per serving.
|Serving size:||approx. 2 cups|
|Calories per serving:||325|
|Total Fat 2.4g||4%|
- 6 ounces spinach fettuccine
- 2/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 4 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 3/4 pound turkey breast tenderloin, cut into strips
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
Step by Step:
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- While pasta cooks, stir together sour cream, water and flour until smooth. Add thyme and pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet coated with vegetable cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms in a single layer and cook until well browned, cooking in batches if necessary. Add green onions and cook 1 minute. Remove and keep warm.
- Season turkey with salt; add to skillet and cook just until turkey is cooked through. Add mushrooms and sour cream mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve over hot cooked pasta.