Creamy Roasted Garlic Chicken and Broccoli Pasta
Published March 13, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Although this pasta dish is amazing with a store-bought rotisserie chicken, just eliminate the chicken and double the broccoli to make it vegetarian.
|Serving size:||approx. 1 1/2 cups|
|Calories per serving:||487|
|Total Fat 5.5g||8%|
- 1 head garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 (16 oz.) package rigatoni
- 1 fully-cooked rotisserie chicken, bones and skin removed
- Parmesan cheese to taste
Step by Step:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut 1/4 inch off the top of the garlic bulb, drizzle with olive oil, and wrap in foil. Bake for 45 minutes or until garlic is tender. Remove and allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine onions and broth in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook until onions are tender, about 3 minutes. Add milk and whisk in flour. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add wine and cook 3 minutes more. Gently squeeze roasted garlic into sauce and whisk to combine. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add broccoli and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until just tender. Remove broccoli with slotted spoon and set aside. Bring water back to a boil, add pasta, and cook according to package directions. Drain.
- Combine pasta, broccoli, chicken and sauce and heat just until hot. Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese.