Creamy Citrus Chicken Salad
Published February 14, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Adding citrus to a salad is an easy way to pack in some vitamin C. Pick up a rotisserie chicken from your local supermarket and the meal is almost prepared!
|Serving size:||About 1 & 1/2 cups|
|Calories per serving:||475|
|Total Fat 14.4g||22%|
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 large navel oranges
- 1 (10 oz) package fresh baby spinach
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper strips
- Creamy Lemon Ginger Dressing (recipe follows)
- 1/2 toasted almonds, sliced
Step by Step:
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Peel oranges and cut into segments. Place orange segments in a large salad bowl along with spinach, chicken, and red pepper strips. Add 1/2 of the Creamy Lemon Ginger Dressing and toss lightly to coat evenly. Sprinkle almonds evenly over top and serve immediately with remaining dressing on the side.