Cranberry Poached Pears
Published March 15, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
These poached pears are great by themselves, or you can try serving them with lemon or vanilla sorbet. If there is any left over, dice them up and stir them into yogurt with some granola for breakfast.
|Serving size:||1 pear and 1/2 cup sauce|
|Calories per serving:||265|
|Total Fat 0.9g||1%|
- 4 Bosc pears, peeled and halved
- 1-1/2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 (2-inch) orange rind strip
Step by Step:
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a simmer; reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until pears are tender.
- Remove pan from heat and let cool; cover and refrigerate until cold.