Cranberry Cabernet Sauce
Published March 8, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Try this twist on traditional cranberry sauce at your next Thanksgiving gathering. The leftovers are a wonderful side dish with grilled pork tenderloin or chicken.
|Serving size:||2 tablespoons|
|Calories per serving:||49|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cabernet sauvignon red wine
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Step by Step:
- Combine all ingredients in a 3 1/2 quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, 10 to 15 minutes or until cranberries pop and mixture begins to thicken.
- Let cool to room temperature; cover and refrigerate.