Published January 29, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
When you are tired of making conventional salads and want to try something new, then corn salad can come to your rescue. It is a very easy to make salad recipe and is liked by both children and adults alike. It is usually served as a salad side dish but can be eaten as a tea time snack too.
|Serving size:||Approximately 1/4 cup|
|Calories per serving:||33|
|Total Fat 0.6g||1%|
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp chat masala powder
Step by Step:
- Boil the corn kernels with salt and turmeric powder for 5-10 minutes or until they are tender. Drain any extra water and let the kernels cool. In a large salad bowl, add boiled kernels, black pepper, red chili powder, olive oil, chopped onion, green chili, lemon juice and chat masala powder and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.